A cup of coffee is a wonderful way to start your morning or keep you awake if you are getting sleepy throughout the day. Aside from its great taste and giving the ability to stay awake, it also has a lot of benefits for your skin. Coffee is packed with Antioxidants which are really great for your skin and they provide many benefits both inside out and out! This is good news for all of the coffee lovers out there. Coffee may help to reduce the appearance of cellulite on the skin and also has calming effects for your mind? How cool is that, you can rub coffee all over your skin and also help calm your mind! While drinking coffee can provide antioxidants internally, the best way to get the skin benefits is to apply coffee to your skin in some form. Here are some benefits of using coffee on your skin:
- Cellulite Reduction: Coffee contains caffeine that may aid in helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite on the skin. It is thought that caffeine is the key ingredient that helps with the cellulite reduction by dilating blood vessels just beneath the skin and helping to improve the blood flow which is believed to be the reason for the decrease in the appearance of cellulite. Coffee Scrubs are the best method for helping with this as they also help to remove dead skin cells and really aid in exfoliating the skin.
- Calming Effects: Coffee is recognized for its stimulating effect inside the body when consumed, it may provide the opposite effects when you apply it topically! You can give thanks to the many antioxidants that coffee contains for this!
- Sun Protection: Coffee contains antioxidants, such as polyphenols. These may help to protect against ultraviolet (UV) rays and some signs of aging linked to sun exposure.
- Helps reduce acne: The antioxidants, stimulants, and chlorogenic acids in coffee may make it an effective acne-fighting facial scrub. Acne occurs when oil, dead skin cells, and other substances clog pores, which can become infected by bacteria, resulting in inflammation. Scrubbing the face with coffee grounds can help to clear away dead skin cells and unclog the pores. The chlorogenic acids in coffee may also reduce inflammation and protect against some strains of bacteria.
- Coffee can make you skin look brighter: The stimulating properties of coffee can help improve blood flow and circulation, waking up your skin for a brighter, more radiant look.
- Coffee makes you energetic: Caffeine is absorbed by the skin and into the first couple layers of fat. The caffeine will then raise the metabolism of these cells causing them to use more energy. Coffee can uplift your spirits in a moment to discharge deep-rooted tension hence promoting energy flow and restoring balance in addition to overall well-being. Coffee fights fatigue and helps beautify the skin.
Now that we listed down the benefits of coffee on your skin, let us list a step to step procedure on how to make a coffee bath. You will need:
- 4 cups of coffee, preferably an espresso one. Espresso is fine enough for my face and body. One thing about espresso is it's a darker roast, meaning it has lower caffeine content than a lighter roast, which could work in your favor if you prefer to bathe at night. If you want more of the blood-vessel-constricting, cellulite-blasting effects, try a lighter roast and just get it finely ground.
- 4 cups of Epsom salt. Epsom salt or also known as magnesium sulfate, helps with muscle pain and helps the body relax. It is also very common to be mixed in bath water.
Here is how to make it. It is very easy. Fill your tub with hot water, add the 4 cups of espresso along with the 4 cups of Epsom salt. Be careful to mix it since the water is hot. Let the water cool down and soak in your bath for at least 15 minutes. Do not soak in your coffee bath for too long because it will stain your skin. Unless you also want a fake tan then soaking in for more than 15 minutes would do the trick. Make sure to rinse your skin after doing your coffee bath.