Taking care of your skin or creating your own skin care routine is getting more popular these days. And a lot companies are creating more and products that is related to ski care for the people to try out. Some of them work, some of them do not. This depends on your skin and how it matches with certain products. Although a lot of companies are creating products that would help us achieve beautiful skin, it could be a little frustrating or sometimes overwhelming (not just to your skin but also to your wallet) to try out different products every now and then. If you are beginner on skin care, it is way better to start out simple and natural like trying out natural oils. More specifically, try out coconut oil. Coconut oil has been a very well-known product that would help your skin have a better appearance. Coconut oil is a type of fat that has been touted for its health-promoting properties. From decreasing levels of LDL cholesterol to improving brain function in Alzheimer’s patients, coconut oil is associated with a multitude of health benefits. In fact, several studies have even found it might have benefits for skin health as well. Coconut oil is a highly saturated oil that is traditionally made by extracting the oil from raw coconuts or dried coconut kernels. At room temperature it’s solid, but when heated it can soften or even melt. It is frequently used in cooking or applied directly to the skin and hair. Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain fatty acids, which are a form of saturated fat. In fact, these medium-chain fatty acids make up about 65% of its total composition.
Benefits of coconut oil on your face:
- Coconut oil can be used as a make-up remover. Yes, coconut oil even works on waterproof mascara! Put a little on a cotton ball and gently sweep it over your eyes, paying attention to your under-eyes as well. The oil does a great job breaking down waxy, inky eye makeup, and leaves the delicate area hydrated, too. Once you’re done, wash your face as usual.
- Coconut oil can be a substitute to your favorite eye cream. While there are plenty of hydrating eye creams on the market, coconut oil works in a pinch. If you’re dealing with dry under-eyes—whether it be from colder weather, dehydration, or simply getting older—using a moisturizing eye cream can completely rejuvenate your complexion. Simply dab on a light layer of coconut oil (use your ring finger to avoid tugging or applying too much pressure) to dry under-eyes to hydrate and protect the skin. It’s best to do this before bed, as it may slide around underneath makeup.
- Coconut oil can be used before washing your face. Because coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and moisturizing, many women swear by its use as a nighttime moisturizer for their face, too. Try the oil cleansing method: Simply rub the oil in circular motions all over your face and neck, giving yourself a gentle massage as you go. When you’re done, cleanse gain with your favorite gentle face wash to ensure all the residue is rinsed away.
Benefits of coconut oil on your skin and body:
- Coconut oil can be a substitute to shaving cream. Conventional shaving cream is an expensive cocktail of chemicals that you don’t really need to get a nice clean shave on your legs or underarms. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is inexpensive, naturally antimicrobial, and smells divine. Plus, its skin-soothing properties will leave your legs looking hydrated (but never greasy).
- Coconut oil is good for your feet. Athlete’s foot is a common fungal infection that’s triggered by sweaty feet. Coconut oil may help soothe the infection and flaking skin. After you apply athlete’s foot treatment, top it with a layer of organic coconut oil and cover with cotton socks. This works wonders for cracked heels, too.