We usually associate mud with something impure, opposite of a cleanser. But, did you know that mud can have immense benefits for your skin and mental health? In the past years, mud baths have become more and more popular, but actually, they have been a way of cleansing the body and mind since ancient times – some even say that they have spiritual properties. Nowadays, they are natural detox treatments offered by luxury spas and resorts. It is no coincidence that hot springs mud bath has become one of the hottest natural treatments nowadays, and has been recommended by many experts from the wellness center and spa. Mud bath is not just bringing a smooth, bright and firm skin, but also positively affects many health problems that are sometimes hard to imagine. But first, a little history of mud baths. Historically, the mud bath treatment has been used for centuries in Eastern and Western European spas as a way to relieve arthritis. It is claimed that the treatment, which is founded on contact with bromine salt water, has anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, analgesic, relaxing and revitalizing properties. Now onto the benefits!
- Treats Skin Conditions. Mud baths with mineral rich mud are known to improve the symptoms of a variety of skin conditions. For example, psoriasis—a chronic condition in which skin cells build up on patchy areas of the skin—can be itchy and painful. Mineral-rich mud baths can break down the areas of the skin with too much build-up, as well as hydrate and soften the skin. Similarly, mud baths can sooth symptoms for individuals suffering from eczema, which causes skin irritation, itching, and dry skin. Mud baths can absorb toxins and oil from the skin, all the while replenishing the pores with its minerals. Additionally, it can hydrate, soothe, and soften the skin, lessening the effects of eczema. Lastly, rosacea is a condition in which certain blood vessels, usually in the face, enlarge, giving the cheeks and nose a red, splotchy, or flushed appearance. The vitamins and minerals in mud baths can improve the circulation of the skin and act as an anti-inflammatory, thus lessening the effects of rosacea.
- Rejuvenate the body and balance the function of the nerve system. Special mineral mud can cure osteoarthritis, reduce inflammation due to its chemical and physical properties, and help in the relaxation of muscle tension so that doctors recommend mud baths as a treatment for diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, chronic rheumatoid arthritis, spinal pain, chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system and peripheral neuropathies.
- Soothe and Nourish Skin. As mentioned, the minerals in mud baths improve circulation. That means your skin will have a healthy glow after a quality mud bath! In addition, the mud exfoliates the skin, drawing out impurities and even treating bacterial and fungal infections. At the same time, your skin is nourished with rejuvenating minerals that hydrate and soften your skin. In the end, mud baths even skin tone, smooths and soften skin texture, and reduces the chance of early-onset wrinkles. How is all this possible? Natural minerals such as potassium, carbonate, and magnesium are just some of the magical ingredients to a healthy glow!
- The benefit of mud baths in preventing aging. Aging is not only a nightmare for the women, but it also causes some illnesses that men cannot escape. Treating the impacts of aging is not easy, but you can completely reduce them with a regular mud bath treatment because the use of mud bath is anti-inflammatory, anti-tangle, preventing and healing the dysfunction due to aging. Hot springs mud has the function of water absorption with a lot of minerals that are good for health, so when you soak in the mineral mud, you not only help the skin remove a layer of dead skin, detoxify the skin, circulate blood vessels and effectively prevent the unwarranted symptoms of aging.
- Find Relaxation. For many, mud baths are relaxing and meditative experience. Because the substance is denser than water, you can float weightlessly in the muddy substance. Bathers thus feel suspended in the soft liquid, giving a uniquely relaxing experience! Similarly, natural mud baths around the world, such as the Dead Sea, have mineral-rich mud at the water’s floor. If you choose to experience a natural mud bath, you can slather the mud on your skin and take a relaxing dip in the mineral-rich waters!