As we all know, bathing is washing your body with water. It also can give a relaxing effect especially when you are stressed. What is a better way to enhance your bathing game? It is when you add aromatherapy in it. What is aromatherapy? Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Sometimes it's called essential oil therapy. Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medicinally to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit. It enhances both physical and emotional health. It can also be described as a pseudoscience based on the usage of aromatic materials, including essential oils, and other aroma compounds, with claims for improving psychological or physical well-being. Aromatherapy has been around for a thousand years now. Ancient cultures have incorporated it with medical and religious purposes. Aromatherapy is also known to have physical and psychological benefits. This blog post will explain the benefits of adding aromatherapy in your bath, and what essential oils will help you alleviate your mood, and what are the risks of using too much aromatherapy.
Let us start with the benefits of aromatherapy.
- It can manage your pain.
- It improves your sleep quality.
- It may boost your immune system.
- If you are in labor, it eases your discomfort.
- It can reduce your stress.
- It can alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy.
- It improves digestion
- There are a few health conditions that can be eased by using aromatherapy but this has minimal proven claim. The health conditions are Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. It is still better if you consult your doctor if you have these and not self-medicate.
Now, let us list what essential oils you can put to your bath for aromatherapy:
- Clary sage is a flowering herb that’s native to the Mediterranean Basin. The essential oil that’s extracted from the leaves and buds of the plant has a clean, refreshing scent that you can use as a skin balm or gently inhale as part of an aromatherapy treatment. Clary sage is a natural antidepressant, and can actually reduce stress. Clary sage can also reduce your menstrual cramps. It also has benefits on your skin; it can be antibacterial meaning it will give you a clean skin after bath.
- Fennel has a rich aroma reminiscent of anise, which gives Fennel oil its licorice-like scent. Although the seeds and oil are used in flavoring, fennel's complex aroma has also made it popular in soaps, candles, and perfumes. Fennel oil also helps nourish and restore an optimal mind and outlook. It is believed to bring strength and courage in the face of adversity. Just like Clary sage, Fennel has antibacterial components and can also act as an antioxidant to your skin.
- Ylang-ylang oil is beautifully fragrant, with a heavy, sweet, slightly fruity floral scent. You may also notice nuances of jasmine, banana, and neroli. It is one of the main notes in many of the most popular fragrances today, including Chanel No. 5 and Joy Perfume. Ylang ylang essential oil is also used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, improve mood, and enhance libido. In addition, ylang ylang essential oil is said to act as a natural insect repellent, promote wound healing, and diminish the appearance of scars when applied to the skin.
- Geranium oil is grown in many regions, including Europe and Asia. There are many varieties and strains of the pink flower with a fresh, floral fragrance. Geranium oil is widely used as an ingredient in perfumes and cosmetics. The essential oil is also used in aromatherapyto treat a number of health conditions. It also can be an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and has antibacterial components. It also reduces the appearance of scars.