Having a bath at home may seem like a rather ordinary thing to do. However, if you choose the right type of bath, you can transform the whole experience of taking a bath, and even throw yourself a spa-like bath experience at home easily! Here are a few types of baths that you simply must try at home:
1. Aromatherapy Bath
Having a warm bath has many benefits, however, our favorite benefit is adding essential oils to the water to give ourselves a little aromatherapy treatment at home. When the harsh, long days at work start affecting our physical and mental well-being, we like to let go of all of that piled up tension in our bodies by taking a warm bath with essential oils. These are our favorite essential oils that we like to use:
- Ultimate De-Stressing – Chamomile – Whenever you feel like you are very stressed out, add a few drops of chamomile essential oil to your bathwater. Because of its calming effects, it’s perfect to help you feel relieved from that piled up stress and tension in no time!
- Relaxation – Lavender – If you feel very tense, and it seems like you just can’t relax even if you are taking a bath, then adding a few drops of lavender essential oil to your bath water can do the trick. The soothing effects of lavender will help you to relax and sleep better.
- Clearing Up Your Mind – Sandalwood – Whenever we can’t stop overthinking, or we feel a little anxious, we like to add a few drops of sandalwood to enhance the calming effects of taking a bath.
2. Honey Bath
If you want to bring your skin-care to the next level, then having a honey bath at home is the perfect way to do so. Although you might be using honey as a sweetener for your tea, honey is actually the only food that doesn’t spoil. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it can also be used to heal your skin from minor injuries like scratches or for keeping it in top shape.
Next time when you have a warm bath at home, and you want to give your skin a treat and keep it healthy, the easiest way to do so is to add 2tbsp of raw, natural honey to the water, and soak up. Your skin will look and feel amazing!
3. Detox Bath
Although we do have a detox system of our own – sweating, over the course of our lives, our bodies struggle with the number of toxins we intake though the food, air, and even skin-care products. Because of that, the detox systems of our body are not enough. By having a detox bath, you can detox your body more regularly, and prevent a pileup of toxins.
Having a detox bath can make you dehydrated if you don’t drink enough water – so make sure you are well-hydrated before, during and after taking one.
***Important Note: If you are pregnant, or you have kidney issues, you shouldn’t take detox baths because they can be harmful to your health.
- 1 cup bath salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 5-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (we recommend using either: chamomile, lavender or eucalyptus)
Mix the warm water with your hands so that all ingredients will melt. Then soak between 12minutes – 1hour. We recommend you start by soaking at least once a week, up to 15-20 minutes and then gradually increase the time and frequency of your detox bath up to 3 times a week.
For a more intense detox bath, click here.
4. Spa At Home Bath
And last, but not least, if you want to relax, relieve tension and pamper yourself at the same time, you can give yourself the full spa at home bath. With just a few simple adjustments, you can bring the spa to your home. Here is how we like to do it:
- Candlelight – We like to set up the atmosphere by choosing a few of our favorite candles during our bath.
- Bath Pillow – Then, because we like to get the ultimate relaxation out of our bath, we simply attach a luxurious bath pillow to our tub before we take a bath. It only takes a few seconds, but it makes a huge difference in comfort
- Warm up towels – Can it be a spa experience at home, if you don’t have fancy warm towels? We like to use our hammam towels even though they are larger, because they absorb more water, and stay warmer for a longer time. We simply take a bowl with warmer water, soak up the towels and place them on our face as we soak in the bath, to prepare all of our skin for treatment.
- Face Mask & Hair Mask – Next up, we like to apply our hair mask and face masks, and simply relax in our tub until we feel completely relaxed. It’s perfect because you get to relive all the piled up tension in your body, while the masks nourish your skin and hair, making you look beautiful on the outside and the inside!
Then, all you have to do is relax, and enjoy it!
Which bath did you like the most? Let us know!