Everyone knows that having a glass of Merlot or Cabernet at the end of a long day can be a great way to kick back and unwind, but relaxation is far from the only benefit of wine. You can also use take a bath using wine. It is called Vinotherapy. Before we tackle the benefits and how to do your own vinotherapy at home, we have to explain what vinotherapy is for beginners. Vinotherapy is an emerging trend being used in spas for potential rejuvenation and healing. These spa treatments utilize the by-products of wine such as the skins, stems, and seeds of grapes to create concoctions and elixirs that are believed to revitalize the body. Of course going to a spa means you will have to spend a huge amount of money to experience this kind of therapy. So we will have to compromise or be resourceful and do it at home.
If you are wondering what are the benefits of vinotherapy to your skin we got it listed for you:
- Provides antioxidants. Wine also has intense antioxidant properties, which are thought to play a part in defending skin against detrimental free radicals. Antioxidants could potentially: defend the skin, promote tissue elasticity, and create a more vibrant looking complexion
- Reduce acne. Not only are wine facials thought to revitalize complexions, they might also be able to get rid of blemishes and reduce facial acne. When individuals have oily skin that is prone to clogged pores and breakouts, wine facials mixed with aloe could potentially: relax the skin’s muscles, heal infections, and clear pores. Red wine has shown promise as a beneficial method of eradicating blemishes and clearing up skin. For those who have dry skin, yet still suffer from acne, almond can be added as a natural moisturizer.
- Tightens and tones skin. Wine is being used as a natural astringent, too, so it might be able to tighten up and tone your skin. To attempt to create tauter, youthful, and vibrant skin, follow these steps: soak a cotton ball in wine, apply it to the skin, let this solution sit on your skin for half an hour, and wash it off with clear water.
- Soothes nerves. Not only can you soothe your frazzled nerves by sipping a glass of wine, you might be able to ease your stressed-out muscles and body by bathing in it. Taking a wine bath in addition to full body exfoliation and facial can be a blissful way to potentially: ease tension and relax muscles. Bathing in red wine can be an expensive luxury, but it might provide the ultimate experience in relaxation to soothe your nerves.
- Offers protection. Scientists posit the idea that various parts of the grape, such as the stems, seeds and skins, contain certain compounds that might be excellent for protecting the skin. These compounds are: Polyphenols, which are contained in grape seeds. These are flavonoids that are packed with properties that might protect you from free radicals, and resveratrol, which is obtained from grape skins. This compound might slow down the aging process, firm up skin, and promote new cell growth.
- Reduce wrinkles. Vinotherapy is marketed as a method that might be able to create more youthful looking complexions, as the properties of these wine facials could help relax wrinkles naturally. The therapeutic properties of crushed grapes might be able to: stimulate collagen production, create healthier capillaries, improve circulation, and reduce facial wrinkles
For those who aren’t planning a spa trip any time soon, vinotherapy can come in many forms. Pick up a wine-infused spa product from a winery, bathe in wine at home, or just buy a bottle of Merlot and improvise from there. Nonetheless, here is how you can do your vinotherapy experience at home:
Grapeseed is one of the few components of wine, so before dipping yourself into your wine bath, put on grapeseed oil all over your skin this will even out your skin tone and it will moisturize your skin as well. This step is not required but it will help your skin absorb the benefits of wine bath more. Whether you do this or not you can proceed to making your wine bath. Wine bath does not necessarily mean you will have to use a dozen of wine bottles to fill up your tub. You can just add 2 to 3 glasses of wine in your warm bath. Just plunge in and you are all good.