The current unrealistic beauty standards claim that fairness and brightness are signs of healthy skin. However, the reality is far from this assumption. Healthy skin is characterized by high elasticity, smooth texture, and even tone. This awareness will prevent you from bombarding your skin with expensive, heavy, and synthetic skin care products. Even if you are eating right, getting enough sleep and a bit of exercise, those breakouts can be super sneaky. Nothing is more frustrating than having a big event like a wedding or job interview and having to deal with bad skin. Getting a clear skin is easy if you are more than willing to avoid bad habits that could actually affect your skin. This article will discuss how to get clear skin. Makeup is a temporary solution as it can only camouflage, not cure your skin problems. Using cheap or bad quality cosmetic products can make your skin greasy and further aggravate the problem. One of the easiest ways to get clear and spotless skin is to stick to natural home remedies as they are safe and reliable and don’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil moisturizes your skin. Its antimicrobial properties may help keep the skin clean and infection-free. It contains phytochemicals that are powerful antioxidants that scavenge free radicals. These activities may contribute to making your skin clear and acne-free.
- Honey: Honey contains vitamins and minerals that nourish the skin. It also contains antioxidants, called flavonoids, which can give you clear and healthy-looking skin. Honey has emollient properties that moisturize your skin and soften it.
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains vitamin E that hydrates the skin and restores its elasticity. It also contains phenolic compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties. These properties reduce oxidative damage, promoting skin reconstruction. This, in turn, can improve your skin health.
- Rosewater: Rosewater is one of the most commonly used natural remedies for clear and glowing skin. It exhibits anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It has anti-aging properties and promotes the production of collagen and elastin for healthy-looking skin. It is also a natural astringent and tones the skin.
- Turmeric: turmeric is a natural antiseptic and therapeutic agent and is widely used to treat minor cuts, wounds, pimples, and acne. It also has skin lightening properties that can help in getting rid of spots and blemishes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar possesses antimicrobial properties that can help in preventing and treating infections. The acids present in ACV exfoliate dead skin cells and reveal a fresh and healthy layer of skin cells. ACV also acts as an astringent that can prevent your pores from getting infected and inflamed.
Applying something on your skin is not the only way for it to glow healthy. Here are additional tips if you want to take an extra step in to taking care of your skin:
- Wash Your Face Twice Daily – Always wash your wash before you go to bed to get rid of the day’s grime that may have settled in your pores. Ensure to wash your face with cold water (cold water closes the pores) for 35-40 seconds with a dime-sized amount of face wash to get rid of the dirt and oils.
- Exfoliate – Exfoliation can remove layers of dead skin cells, dirt, and oil that clog your pores. Use products with glycolic acid and lactic acid as they help absorb the oils and grime settled in your pores. Make sure you moisturize your skin later to avoid dryness.
- Apply Moisturizer Daily – If you have extremely dry skin, it starts compensating for the dryness by producing natural skin oils, which can lead to acne and breakouts. To avoid this, moisturize your skin daily, and do twice as much during winters. This will help prevent flaky and dry skin. Remember to use non-comedogenic moisturizers that will not clog your pores.
- Drink Water– Drink lots of water. It will flush out all the toxins and help maintain your skin’s hydration levels. This will help you get clear, glowing, and healthy skin.