Taking a shower and taking a bath is highly different but the somehow similar. They both keep your personal hygiene at 100%. This debate on which is better taking a shower and taking a bath is endless and very tiring. This post will not initiate a debate between the two procedures. It will just dictate or list a few facts about taking a shower and taking a bath and you, the reader, will decide on how you want to spend your time cleaning yourself. Let us discuss what their differences are and what can benefit you better.
Let us start with discussing what the benefits of taking a shower are:
- Taking a shower is water spraying from the top of your head down to your feet, and water is constantly draining.
- Shower can have excessive use of water since it is spraying on your body while the water you use in bath is not drained until you finished.
- Taking a shower is faster, it can range from 10 minutes to 20 minutes so if you do not have any patience or you are running late, then you should just take a shower instead.
- There are more movements in taking a shower; you have to constantly use your hands to put shampoo on your head and scrub your body.
- Both procedures are relaxing but taking a bath is a little bit more comforting since you can put essential oils in your bath or use bath bombs to help you be at ease.
- Taking a cold shower every morning can help you be alert and awake the whole day if you are a bit of a sleepy head and cold shower can also close your pores.
- If you work out, taking a hot shower after your activities can help you calm your muscles and it will dilate your blood vessels for better blood flow.
- If your skin is dry or if you have eczema, taking a 5 to 10 minute shower is the best way to protect your skin.
- You might think taking a bath is better for the environment but taking a shower beats bathing according to an environment stand point, just do not take excessively long showers.
- Taking a shower is therapeutic and it is a good way to daydream about your past, present or future.
- Singing in the shower is better and very common and there is nothing wrong with it. While if you sing while taking a bath; it may constrict the air flow in your lungs making it harder for you to breath.
Let us now discuss what the benefits of taking a bath are:
- In bathing, you just have to drown your body in the tub and you can fall asleep.
- Taking a bath is having a tub filled with water and you soak your body.
- Some people think that bathing is a little bit unhygienic since you just sit in your tub and do nothing but that is not true according to a few hygiene experts, taking a bath is only unhygienic if you are dirty or sweaty from outdoor activities.
- But if you are having a normal day like going to work, bathing will get you clean as taking a shower.
- Bathing can reduce the production of cortisol, a stress hormone. Cortisol can produce acne and premature aging.
- Scientists in the UK have said that taking a hot bath can lower your blood sugar level.
- Taking a hot bath can also burn calories more than exercising.
- Bathing can also lower your blood pressure which can decrease stress on your heart and your cardiovascular system.