Have you ever wished for your baths to be much nicer and better, without involving too much time into them? Then, here are 4 bath tips you wish you knew sooner, to have the best baths at home anytime:
1. Replace soap with bath oils
Although a bubble bath filled with different kinds of soaps can seem like creating your perfect bath, staying too long covered with soap can actually be bad for your skin. It can cause your skin to dry out, especially in autumn and winter. It can also rid your skin of the good, natural oils your skin produces, necessary to keep your skin in good shape.
So, how can you balance this out? You can use a gentler soap for your baths, and try not to stay too long in the bath when you are adding soap in it. A better solution is to replace soap with bath oils once in a while, because they are designed to help you keep the moisture of the bathwater in your skin, instead of drying it out.
Extra Tip: If you choose to use bath oils, after taking a bath make sure you scrub your bath very good because you can easily slip in the bath during your morning shower if you forget to clean it up!
2. Make your bathtub more comfortable
Not all bathtubs are made the same. There are so many different tubs that play with angles and shapes yet a lot of people find that their bathtubs are not very comfortable to lay in. If you have this issue with your bathtub, then don’t worry, you don’t need a new bathtub! All you need is a good bath pillow to help you gain the comfort that your tub lacks. Bath pillows are specifically designed to fit any tub and make it more comfortable. They provide the support and comfort for anyone that struggles with discomfort in the bathtub.
Extra Tip: Because all bathtubs are different, sometimes you need to turn your bath pillow upside down to gain even better comfort.
3. Choose the right temperature
Now that the chilly days are upon us, you might think that this is the perfect time to devote yourself completely to warm, steamy baths. However, depending on what you would like to achieve, cold baths may be more beneficial for you.
When to take a cold bath?
- If you want to wake yourself up and re-energize yourself
- If you are feeling depressed, cold baths are better than warm baths
- If you feel like your skin is drying out – it might be due to using too warm water, so a cold bath can help you restore your skin’s natural oils.
- If you are an athlete – forget the warm bath and throw yourself a cold one instead, because it will help you build up your muscles more easily, ultimately increasing your endurance and lowering your recovery time.
When to take a warm bath?
- If you want to fall asleep faster and improve your quality of sleep.
- If you are feeling anxious.
- If you are having muscle pain after a workout session, warm baths can relieve sore muscles.
- If you feel like you are congested from a cold or the flu, the steam of the water can help you soothe your sore throat and de-congest a little.
4. Multi-purpose your bath towels
Your bath towels provide a soft embrace after a bath, and they can certainly be the cherry on top of the cake, after a perfect bath. But, did you know that you can use your bath towels for more than simply drying yourself off? You can put your bath towels and soak them in a bowl with warm water and a few drops of your essential oil, and put them on your face to open up your pores so that the face mask that you will be using will be more effective.
You can also warm up your towels with warm water and place them on your shoulders and back during your bath to relieve soreness in your back from sitting too long.
And if you are worried about how you will dry so many towels in autumn and winter – you can always switch to hammam towels because they dry very fast in any climate!